Your trusted source for care management and eldercare consulting. Pro-Elder Consulting, LLC provides Aging Life Care™ services in the State of Maine, including assessment, placement, education, counseling, advocacy, consultation, information & referral, and crisis intervention.
Remaining at home
Pro-Elder Consulting, LLC helps older adults remain in their homes or transition to another living situation, if living at home is no longer possible. After intake, including a service agreement and releases of information, the care manager assesses needs and develops a service plan. Fees are discussed prior to delivery of services and are billed monthly or quarterly.
Aging Life Care™ services may include:
- Assessment of safety, functional abilities for the daily living, health status, cognitive function, and fall risk;
- Coordination of care;
- Monitoring, re-assessment, and guidance regarding changes in care needs;
- Referrals for additional services to maintain health, safety and independence;
- Education about caring for persons with dementia;
- Consultation to assist with creating a therapeutic environment;
- Crisis intervention and special assistance when needed, such as times of unexpected illness or hospitalization;
- Collaboration with physicians, elder law attorneys, and other professionals to assist clients;
- Pro-Elder Consulting, LLC provides individualized enrichment services including: 1) therapeutic outings for social interaction and/or caregiver respite; 2) ravel or academic conference assistance; music or theater events; 3) attendance at worship services; and 4) other community events.
Benefits of Hiring an Aging Life Care™ Manager
In addition to assessment of care needs and identification of care options, care coordination, and care monitoring, benefits of Pro-Elder Consulting’s services may include:
- Peace of mind
- Improved quality of life
- Support for family members and long-distance caregivers
- Maintenance of community connections
- A safer home environment
- Better health
- Expert guidance you can trust
- Advocacy for individualized, dignified care.
Pro-Elder Consulting, LLC does not employ personal care attendants or other direct care staff, but refers to home care agencies for personal care assistance and assists families to hire private staff as needed.
Alternatives to home
Pro-Elder Consulting, LLC helps when care at home is no longer feasible, by providing:
- Information and referral to assisted-living and long-term care providers;
- Assistance with placement;
- Consultation, counseling, and guidance about the placement process and care options; and
- Advocacy and care monitoring following assisted-living or long-term care placement to assist in transition.
Pro-Elder Consulting, LLC adheres to the Code of Ethics of the Aging Life Care™ Association.